Welcome to Smith's Kitchen

FOR CAKES, BAKES AND OTHER TASTY TREATS

Sunday 5 February 2012

Austrian Joy

Kipferl in Camden Passage
Hot Sausage
Walking the savvy streets of Islington (and feeling a lot like I was in Berlin) I stumbled across the coffee house/restaurant Kipferl. Situated in the heart of Camden Passage, it's a compact, modern Austrian eating house with blond rugged tables, cool lighting and not a lederhosen in sight. Cakes and coffee are a house speciality. There's a pantone colour chart for your coffee choice, but on this occasion I opted for a hearty sausage. And hearty it was. There's three choices of hot sausage with salad, bread and fresh horse radish. You can even opt for sauerkraut, but I gave that a miss as I was mindful of it's repercussions. The sausage was heaven on a plate and all for under £7. Washed down with a light pils, this is one treat I'll be repeating very soon. So now my quest for the best hot sausage in London continues. Ideas on the back of a postcard (and if you can't manage that - post in the blog comments). www.kipferl.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...